Are you wondering what are the best 55+ communities in Gilbert, AZ? Today we will start by comparing 55+ communities in Gilbert, AZ, and the surrounding area, including Trilogy, Eastmark, and Encantara. We will compare the top three 55+ communities in the Gilbert, AZ, area.
They are three very different communities with completely different feelings. We will start with the first and only one located within the city limits of Gilbert, Trilogy at Power Ranch.
TRILOGY at POWER RANCH
It is the only adult 55+ community in Gilbert, Arizona. It is in south Gilbert, south of the 202 at Power and Queen Creek Roads. It is a guard-gated community with an 18-hole 6900-yard, par-71 golf course designed by Dick Bailey, a 27,000 sf clubhouse, pools, spa, fitness centers, courts, billiards, stocked ponds, and tons of groups and activities.
It is close to the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, Gilbert Regional Park, and San Tan Village Mall; hospitals are about 4 miles away. One of the things that makes Trilogy so different is that not all the houses are the same. There are six different model collections:
- Casita Collection has 4 plans1100-1604 sf 2 bedrooms (with optional den), 2.5 baths, and a 2.5 car garage.
- Village Collection has 3 plans that range from 1153 sf to 1411 sf with 2 bedrooms (and optional den) and 2.5 baths. They have a 2-car garage.
- The Hacienda Collection has 5-floor plans that range from 1613 sf to 2115 sf. There are 2 and 3-bedroom homes with 2 bathrooms and 2.5 garages.
- The Estates Collection has 6 floorplans that range from 1629 sf to 2280 sf and typically have 2-4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, and 2-3 car garages.
- The Escalante Collection has 4 floorplans that range from 2156 – 2505 sf with 2 and 3 bedrooms, 2 and 3 bathrooms, and 2-3.5 garages.
These 22 plans range from $409,000 for an 1153 sf 2-bedroom home to $719,000 for a 2156 sf 2-bedroom home. HOA fees are $181/month. They are all Spanish-style with stucco/frame construction and tile roofing.
ENCORE AT EASTMARK
Next, we head East to Encore at Eastmark in Mesa, AZ. Encore was opened in 2015 by Taylor Morrison Homes. There are 970 homes in a 3200-acre master-planned community of Eastmark. It offers a resort-style heated pool, spa, tennis courts, pickleball courts, 15,000 sf clubhouse, fitness room, craft rooms, café, clubs, breakfast or lunch club, dog walking, happy hour, or line dancing.
Encore offers 4 different Models Series
- Executive Series
- Composer Series offered 5 plans from 1339 sf to 1828 sf 2 bedroom, 2 bath homes, except for the Rumba, which is 1790 sf 3 bedrooms, 2 baths.
- The Director Series offered 5 plans ranging from 1761 sf to 2314 sf 2 bedroom, 2 bath homes.
- The Producer Series offered 3 plans from 2491 sf to 2915 sf 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath homes.
You will see that all are 2-bedroom plans, except for the Rumba. However, some plans offered an expansion feature incorporating a 3rd bedroom. Homes currently range from $400,000 for a 1332 sf house to $690,000 for a 2284 sf house. They are a Spanish-style exterior with a stucco/frame exterior and tile roof. What these two communities have in common is that they are close to town.
ENCANTERRA AT TRILOGY
Now we are going to go out a little further. Further east again to Encanterra at Trilogy is a 1000-acre community. It was established in 2007. 65,000 sf combined clubhouses. It has 3 restaurants, from a café, grill to elegant dining. Then they have the wine Vault that can store 1320 bottles and the Barrel Master Program. There is a fully equipped kitchen for classes, demonstrations, to parties. All this is built around the Thom Lehman-designed golf course on 165 acres of grass (almost twice as much as the traditional 90-acre turf norm), home to golf events. The gorgeous San Tan Mountains are south of the golf course, providing views for golfers, diners, and residents alike. The athletic club has all the choices you can imagine. Whether it is wine, dining, athletics, pottery, woodworking, or travel clubs, you will find it at Encanterra. The activity director and concierge cater to the needs of the residents.
This community is still under construction. It has two sections, traditional and adult. Homes range from 1342 sf to 3403 sf, with 2 and 3 bedrooms. There are 6 sections with over 25 floorplans, new condominiums, and attached homes just being introduced. The interiors range from French, Italian, or Spanish themes. Homes currently range from $434,000 for a 1365 sf house to $1,195,000 for a 2731 sf house on the golf course. HOA fees are $1305/quarter or $435/month.
When you move to Encanterra, there is a mandatory social membership fee of $8,500. 80% is refundable when you sell your house. If you would like to golf, there is an additional golf membership. It varies but can be approximately $20,000-$65,000 plus a monthly fee. HOA fees are $1,305/month.
If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to call and ask at 480-226-1925.